• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anybody know what this is?

egnuldt

Not sure what it is, it doesnt have a brand or any numbers model # or anything.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 100_0879.jpg
    100_0879.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1
Seems like some kind of late 2nd generation (of definition) or 3rd generation computer. It depends on if it got transistors or IC's.

I would date it to either the late 60's or early 70's. It may be something published through a magazine, like the last unknown (and in many ways; quite similar) computer up for discussion here.

It may also be related to the other items you just made a thread about.

Thanks, I appreciate your responses.

I cant seem to take the machine out of its case (big black plastic case - like the ones that hold all of the Wilson Laboratories Disk Exercisers). It looks as if you take it out to operate it, but its completely stuck/attached from the back of the machine to the case.

Do you think it would be safe by just yanking/prying it out of the case possibly without damaging whatever it is attached to (if its attached to something).

Thanks.

Edit- Ok nvm, its bolted to the case

Think it could possibly be a tape exerciser as well? It has read/write ability with head alignment ability.

Last edited:
Ok, took out the bolt/etc here are the pics

Magnetic Peripherals, Inc. TB216A

Attachments

• 100_0940.jpg
    100_0940.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0942.jpg
    100_0942.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0939.jpg
    100_0939.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0941.jpg
    100_0941.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0944.jpg
    100_0944.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1
Well At least Im using my 1Kth post for something useful,
It's an SMD interface'd drive tester/exerciser I've one in the large black case upstairs.
You can use it to set up seek patterns to test the servos, do writes & reads to test heads & i/o and quite a lot more. I haven't got an instruction manual though, so I can't be of much help & I've not had to use it yet, so I've not tried to learn how to use it properly, and it's 25 years since I used a similar one.

Back