• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anybody know what this is?

dlightman

Experienced Member
Has anybody seen one of these before? The part number is 87091032 but I can't find anything on it. Has a 60 pin cable so I dont think its SCSI or ESDI. Is it possibly an ISA interface for the disk cartridge system?

QUsQkgC.jpg

dHWHk1p.jpg

Larger pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/PaS7BED

Can't be SCSI, too many pins.

Also, it's almost all discrete TTL logic, which moves it away from any kind of standard drive-controller, more into the land of a ISA port-based device that has direct host connection. It also has a BIOS, which in itself is a little odd, meaning it has some kind of low-level boot-time functionality.

I suspect it might be for a scanner, or some other kind of proprietary device, not in the "storage" realm.

The external slot tab is blank so it was used for an internal device. That should narrow it down.

The external slot tab is blank so it was used for an internal device. That should narrow it down.

I guess the C800 on the BIOS chip means address C800, so if you have access to the card itself you could try to dump any data from that address and maybe peek through the bios for hints.

It is clearly intended to be connected to some external device. Maybe something like an ICE or other device. I like the idea of dumping the ROM. Surely there will be some text with at least the company name, for copyright.
Dwight

Last edited:
Also, there seems to be a company name on the back, at the top, but I can't make out what it is. Seems to have a large capital D at the beginning, followed by maybe five letters?

Also, there seems to be a company name on the back, at the top, but I can't make out what it is. Seems to have a large capital D at the beginning, followed by maybe five letters?

Ignore that, the imgur link had readable text, it's jsut the same part number and Tandy name as the front.

That's a Tandy 3000 bracket style, isn't it?

Yes sorry it's a Tandy card and I also think the bracket is 3000 style. I've been through the catalogs, old support site and grep'd the faxback documents and can't find anything that seems to match. I'll put the card in my 3K and try to dump the rom with PCJRCART.

Back