• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anybody want an RS6000 or eServer?

Yes the cost of shipping is a big thing for me living in Oz

I often find part machines locally and get the parts I need shipped from the US to complete the units.
I have a friend in Oregon that boxes up the items I buy and ships when there is 30 - 40 pounds (costs me about $6/pound)

But luckily I have found some of my heaviest beasts complete locally for the cost of half a tank of fuel & a few hours of my time. The biggest beast was a HP Class D 9000 server
This weekend picked up a complete Digital Alpha XL 233 :)

Got an RS/6000 7025 F30 off Craigslist about 3 weeks ago from a local IBMer. The seller said it had a dead power supply which I verified. It's an Astec AA19520. I can't find a schematic anywhere for it. Did IBM or Astec ever release the service manuals for those computers?

I'm pretty sure that they stopped including detailed schematics of encapsulated areas of a computer such as the power supply far before the RS/6000 came around (but who knows, I could be wrong).

IBM has always been quite tight-lipped about their work. I would not be suprised if saif materials to exist but are only available to those who work at IBM.

Back