• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone have experience with Cisco Aironet Wireless accesspoints?

VERAULT

Veteran Member
I picked up two Cisco Wireless access points from E-scrap. I want to use to expand my home WLAN. I have a model 1200 (AIR-AP1231G-A-K9) and an 1140 series (AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9)
They seem to be locked into the previous settings and I cant seem to be able to change them. Any of you guys familair with these older Cisco repeaters and can lend a hand?

111.jpg
222.jpg
333.jpg

I have the correct cable (as I was able to view the console) its cat 5 on one end DE-9 on the other. Thanks for the link Tingo, I will check it out.

Unfortunately Tingo, neither of those methods worked on my units. The 1140 would make it to the last step where I need to enter clear capwap private-config but I keep getting an error.
The 1200 wont even allow me to logon. They both just keep boot cycling.

Verault, reach out to me, I work in IT and we just took a fleet of these out of service. They can have two versions of the IOS on them; lightweight and autonomous, if yours have lightweight they need the other installed.

I just realized that last night. Both of mine have the lightweight OS. I was able to setup an ftp server and update the 1142 to autonomous. seems to work but while i am in the web interface some of the pages keep reloading and erasing my settings. is thst normal?

Seems the 1200 was completely Erased! its empty. I cant even Ftp out from it... unless its older and im doing something wrong.

I just realized that last night. Both of mine have the lightweight OS. I was able to setup an ftp server and update the 1142 to autonomous. seems to work but while i am in the web interface some of the pages keep reloading and erasing my settings. is thst normal?

Seems the 1200 was completely Erased! its empty. I cant even Ftp out from it... unless its older and im doing something wrong.
This era Airopoint works best with IE and it works slowly. The 1200 that was completely erased will need to do a TFTP recovery.

do you have a procedure? when i type tftp_init nothing happens. when i type ethernet_init it works fine.
This article from Cisco, should get you to where you need to go. :)

Back