• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Anyone interested in a DEC LA-100 Printer?

SGTSQUID

Experienced Member
A secure undisclosed location in the Mojave Desert
I have a DEC Letterprinter 100 that I need to get rid of. It is in good cosmetic condition and passes self test. It comes with 6 new ribbons, the Operator Guide, and Programmer Reference Manual. The cover is in rough shape with some tears and cracks. I will let someone have it for the cost of packig and shipping, or if anyone wants to arrange for pickup in person you can have it for free.

IMG_7410.jpgIMG_7414.jpgIMG_7415.jpgIMG_7416.jpg

Would it be correct for use with a pdp 11/73? If so, I'd be interested in your generous offer.

Well, Wikipedia claims that the 11/73 was also launched in 1983 and my googling suggests that it's an RS-232 beast so, while it might have been aimed at DECmates, it's close enough for my purposes. Especially as I don't have the space for a proper line printer. It can sit on top of the shorty rack that both my 11/73 and 11/34 are going to live in, assuming that my buddy with the rack ever gets off his arse and digs it out for me. Or even gets halfway off his arse and invites me round to dig it out.

Let's take this to PM. I'll send you one once I've been to the fridge.

The manual is dated 1983, so it might have been aimed more at the DecMate machines. Beyond that I'm not sure what it would have normally been used with.

The basic printer is serial, XON/XOFF handshaking, so it can be used with all sorts of computers, not just DEC; for example, we used a number of them with Cromemco systems. There is a jumper that you can install in order to use the more common hardware handshaking, but I don't recall the details.

Very nice letter quality.

I've scrapped a number of them in case someone needs a part.

m

Back