• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anything worth seeing in while in Dallas TX?

ryaninspiron

I've got an open schedule all day (9/14/23) here in Dallas after a trade show wrapped up, knowing that there's no such thing as computer reset anymore, I'm wondering if there's anything of note I could see or do related to vintage computers while visiting here from New York?

I don't suppose texelec is anywhere nearby for a local pickup by chance right?

And it's not like the local YouTubers have house museam tours either lol.

It would be cool to find out about some museum or retro store within Uber distance of the center of Dallas.

Last edited:
Sadly, no computer museum or the like. Perhaps a decade ago, you might have stopped by Tanners, Electronic Discount Sales, or Computer Reset. Now all are closed, sadly. Here's a great writeup on Hackaday, for nostalgia.

However, you might still have enough time to stop by the National Videogame Museum in Frisco, to play some classic games on classic computers and consoles, and try out the 80's style arcade.

Cheers,

Dave

Sadly, no computer museum or the like. Perhaps a decade ago, you might have stopped by Tanners, Electronic Discount Sales, or Computer Reset. Now all are closed, sadly. Here's a great writeup on Hackaday, for nostalgia.

However, you might still have enough time to stop by the National Videogame Museum in Frisco, to play some classic games on classic computers and consoles, and try out the 80's style arcade.

Cheers,

Dave
Thank you very much👍
Being about 10 years too late would be right in the spirit of retro computer collecting after all.
I appreciated the fast response.

And it's not like the local YouTubers have house museam tours either lol.
The 8 Bit Guy actually does. If you're interested in hanging out with him for a day, he does that. Can get the full tour and everything, it's interesting really. Send him an email and try to schedule something if you're interesting.

Cheers,

Dave
FYI, the previous owner of Electronic Discount Sales is still selling stuff on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/str/texasdiscountsales

Happened across him by coincidence and just had to message him with some pictures of boxed items I still have with his price stickers on them. I used to go there all the time when I was growing up in DFW.

Back