• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple green phosphor tilt screen, part needed.

BrianG

Hey all!
Got an Apple IIc off of eBay, and as is prone to happen, the person that I purchased it from does not understand the fragility of CRT monitors. The packing was not good, and the IIc case has a nice crack in it now. No worries as it was insured, and the seller said to just keep it all. So both a bummer and I guess a catch. Seems that the monitor sustained damage also. Finally got to cracking it open tonight, and it seems that where the tube connects to the piece that pivots, broke at all four connections. Luckily the tube seems undamaged, and I plugged it in and turned it on and saw the beautiful green of the screen. So... does anybody have an extra pivoting piece that connects to the tube by way of four screws, at each corner of the tube? If you do and you want to part with it, please message me.

Cheers,
Brian

You may need to specify the model number. I seem to recall several models that match your description.

I can only think of the four mount points where the CRT attaches tot he front bezel.
That said, a tilted image on the CRT means the deflection yoke is slightly rotated. For most monochrome tubes it was held in place with one set screw close to the socket.

My bad. The model is A2M2010. There is nothing wrong with the image, so far as I can tell anyway. The CRT tube attaches to the front bezel at four different points. The bezel tilts up and down. The CRT tube has become detached from the bezel, because each one of the four points where the screws are, broke during shipment. So all I need is the bezel.

Apple_Monitor_II.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Monitor_II

I can only think of the four mount points where the CRT attaches tot he front bezel.
That said, a tilted image on the CRT means the deflection yoke is slightly rotated. For most monochrome tubes it was held in place with one set screw close to the socket.

These tilting CRT monitors were pretty common. I don't think I ever saw one that didn't have the Apple name on it, mind you.

I always thought it was a pretty useless feature. The small amount of tilt doesn't really help anything.

Back