• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

Apple IIE system - mostly complete

KeizerKid

I have an Apple IIE computer system with the dual disk drive plus a third drive, printer, and other parts, manuals and disks which I am in hopes someone might want it. Has a Macintosh Color Composite monitor. You can take a look at some pictures on my website (www.theoregonkid.com). Just scroll down the page until you see the "Apple IIE computer" link.

I have moved into a small apartment and just not room enough for everything. I would hate to just toss this system into the recycle bin at the dump. It has been packed down for several years, and appears complete.

Last edited:

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
I hope someone gets that setup from you--! I'd get it but I, too, live in a small apartment and don't have room for another big computer system.

One question, I have the exact same modem you have on the monitor in the picture, what power supply does it take??

I hope someone here gives that system a home! It looks pretty complete to me, when I hear incomplete system I envision a skeleton of a computer with most of the parts gone. Yours is far from it! I used to have the same model of Epson printer, too, and gave it to a friend of mine to use. Does that come included?

KeizerKid

Question on completeness of system

Question on completeness of system

Hi'

Yes, the printer, modem, disk drives, etc., all come with the system plus a box full of various manuals and disks. Everything shown in the pictures on my website (except the plant and table/chair (obviously). LOL. The power supply for the modem is a plug in class 2 transformer input 120 V output 9 VAC.

Keizerkid

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
Thanks for the specs! Now I'll go hunting some sites for a manual, maybe. That's good news axelkerhead. I found a similar setup locally at a furniture store (???) and they wanted $40 for the whole rig (9" monitor, printer, disk drive, Apple ][something) but I had to pass cause I didn't have the space. Glad history isn't repeating itself.

forevermac

Hi,

Saw yor post and though that I should reply. I trade in very old macs right back to the beginning and have to admit that in the 3 years of trading I've done so far, I've only ever come accross 1 appl IIe. I haven't yet tested it for auction or sale on our website, but it's cousin, the Europlus sells for about £65.00 and I've sold 7 of them in the past 2 years. I'd suggest in it's current condition, it's probably worth 3 figures (UK).

Rgds

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

alexkerhead

Veteran Member
lol, Apple IIe is one of the most common vintage Apples. The standard, known as ][ is the one you want that sells for the "three figures"
Plus, they are not called macs, they are called Apples, macs aren't as good as Apples(in a classic sense)
Plus, if everything goes well, that IIe will have a new loving home in my museum.

Just remember, when you talk about value, currently, the ones worth real money are:
Apple I
Apple ][ (none e II)
And several 128, 256, and 512K models.

THey overproduced the IIe, and thereofore the value has been compromised. Nevertheless a great collectors item.

Last edited: