• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple IIgs Wacom tablet?

arfink

Experienced Member
So, I noticed that Wacom used to make tablets which were ADB standard. Did these just function like mice? Could I use one with the Apple IIgs?

I think you need software to use all their functions, it might work as a mouse type object but have never tried it on the IIgs.

I have two different-sized MacTablets - I'd sell one if they will work with it - you'd have to research that yourself tho. They aren't Wacom, but they're the same idea.

From what I recall the Wacom Digitizer I and II were ADB compatible witht he IIGS and did actually work sans control panel and drivers but as mentioned you can't fine tune or program buttons.

Does anyone have an ADB tablet and a way to test? Honestly, I'm quite curious but don't want to spend money on a whim if someone out there has the necessary hardware. As for fine tuning/programming/etc. that's not such a priority since I don't need advanced functionality what with the low resolutions that the IIgs has to work with anyways, it'd be mostly for doing sketches for later pixel-by-pixel manipulation.

As for researching the MacTablet, Google is no help whatsoever, since even 12 pages deep I'm only getting speculation articles about upcoming "iProducts" and other such rubbish.

I have a IIgs and an ADB wacom, but the IIgs has a pile of stuff in front of it at the moment so it will be a week or so before I can get to trying that experiement out.

Have you tried it out for me Unknown K? Don't worry if you haven't just wanted to check in.

I'd test one for you but I'm a Mac nub - I can't even get mine to network with anything with boxes full of equipment to facilitate it.. Also they're both in shrinkwrap, and I don't want to open them for nothin'.

Back