• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple IIGS "Woz" edition

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Anybody know for sure how many of the "Woz" (signed) eition were actually produced? (A few webpages have it at 10,000, but my source (an Apple Partner) claims it was more like 2,000 units actually sold. (not manufactured). ...And, what happened to the "leftover" units? Were they buried in the desert?

--T

I thought it was between 10, 000 and 100,000. To have only sold 2,000 of them they would have all been sold in Michiagn. I have 5 to 10 of them left maybe more.
The chassis expansion box for the Apple II now that is rare. I heard they only made about 150 of them. I am lucky to have picked it up at a Hamfest, with some cards and a power supply for under $5.00.

Take Care,

I think I remember reading somewhere that Woz was under the idea that 10K were going to be produced under his name. They did 100K and he didn't really like that too much.

I would classify these as NOT rare, more urban legend. Actually, I hate when people try to sell these on ePay as rare. Just my opinion.

Vince

vbriel said:
I think I remember reading somewhere that Woz was under the idea that 10K were going to be produced under his name. They did 100K and he didn't really like that too much.

I would classify these as NOT rare, more urban legend. Actually, I hate when people try to sell these on ePay as rare. Just my opinion.

Vince

My friend has one that he wants me to sell on eBay for him. He's under the impression that it's worth a few hundred, but I'm thinking he'll be lucky to get fifty buck$ for it.

--T

I wonder, was the Atari IIgs ever introduced in Europe? Until a few years ago, I had never heard of it, and frankly can't remember any computer magazine around those years mentioning it.

First try to sell it on Ebay, you might get lucky and sell a complete system for 50 or more. Then again it might not sell. Now if it has some rare cards in it that would change everthing.
I have never heard of an Atari IIgs? Apple IIgs yes. France was big into it for a while. While Jean G. something was at apple.

Back