• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple iMac G3/266 Tangerine - 20th anniversary!

I, myself, have an iMac G3/600 Graphite with a matching keyboard that runs OS Tiger 10.4.11 and Lubuntu 16.04 LTS with 768MB SD-RAM, 200GB HDD (reduced to 128GB with SeaTools), and a SuperDrive upgrade (iMovie doesn't detect it as a SuperDrive, even though it's an Apple drive). Paid $29.99 for it at a thrift store and got an iMac G4/800 for $9.99 and everything works on it (except the AirPort card was 802.11b, which doesn't support my wireless network (WPA2) at all).

I like the Imac G3's, I have two of the original bondi blue 233mhz.

Retro-Pc_user.. do they still make an ubuntu linux kernel for power pc's?

They stopped producing the PowerPC Linux kernel since version 16 LTS, sadly. My G4/800 needs a RAM upgrade from 512MB to 1GB and a new PRAM battery (1/2 AA 3.6V Lithium), but, I didn't have to replace anything on there and the SuperDrive still works. My G3/600 Graphite needed a new hard drive and CD drive as the CD drive would freak out and the 40GB HDD that was in there worked for a while and has bad sectors (will attempt to repair the drive or zero it out completely and destroy it). It was also my first time dual booting a Mac and the Intel Macs aren't supported by Linux anymore after Apple decided to roll out the UEFI boot, which makes it impossible to install Linux on there.

Hate to make a big rant/ramble on here.

We have one of these orange iMac systems at ComputerCorps in Carson City, complete with matching keyboard, mouse, and color matched Epson inkjet printer.

I'm not sure if it's Tangerine or Orange... I suppose I'll have to take a closer look.

Back