• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple Mac Power PC

Not sure what catigory this belongs in, Mac or PC clone??? Another weekend, another trash and treasure market. I just picket up another little toy, a macintosh power PC. Pluged it in to some power and a keyboard and monitor.... Where the hell is the power switch??? How the hell do I turn it on to see if it works??? Maybe I'm suffering from a bad case of blindness, but there doesn't seem to be an "ON" switch.... Any advice will be apreaciated...

The Sinister Dragon

Well a PPC would be a Mac, the CPU's I believe where (& still are) manufactured by IBM. Have you tried looking for a round button that looks like a circle w/ a line going through it? LOL!

I have a trashed-up PowerPC in my shed, & the power button never stays put. Maybe it fell into the case; open it up & look for a button soldered on/connected to the motherboard.

Last edited:
Its a button on the keyboard Look at the number pad, see the enter key? GO ALL te way to th top and there will be a button with a triangle looking thing pointing left. Press that and it should power on. Somtimes the manual power button was on the back, it depended on the model. But the Keyboard button is the usual way to trun them on. Let me know if you can't find it, I can get a picture to help you if you need me to.

-VK

i had a performa that didnt have any switch on the machine [that i noticed]. it took me an hour to get around to attaching the keyboard and pressing that button:confused:

Last edited:
me or sinisterdragon?

yeah, i got the performa working, i didnt keep it around long tho. too bloody big.

i did like the way the motherboard slide in and out, tho. that was nice.

No Keyboard...

No Keyboard...

Thanks for all the replies guys... Obviously this unit doesn't have a switch on the main system... Must be on the keyboard which I dont have... Oh well,m into storage it goes, I'll have to look out for a suitable keyboard for it and take it form there....

The Sinister Draogn...

Back