• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AppleIIfan's M100 & DVI: only $600

Status
Not open for further replies.
The smell of it is just so maddening that I have to stand over my bread maker's vent the whole time, smelling the smell of the bread baking.

<smacks forehead> Now where did I put those darn things? ... Ah , ' () ..those were missing a while ago.. honest.

Boy, Uncle Jack is gonna be upset about that other post helping him off his horse.

Hi everybody ...

For the record A2F was banned for throwing a temper-tantrum and posting a few hundreds lines of crap to the board. Lutiana banned him for that, and I cleaned up the offending threads. We don't have any direct reports of him ripping anybody here off yet. We do have a long string of temper tantrums, self-contradictions, and some outright lies. Those speak for themselves.

I regard this case as unusual and special. Under normal circumstances we (the moderators) would intervene much more quickly if a group of members looked like they were specifically out to get one member. In this case a lot of the damage was self-inflicted, and it kept rearing up with each new lie/contradiction. I personally don't have a lot of sympathy for people who do that.

We tried to give A2F the benefit of the doubt, and his participation on the forum lasted for several months. Some people thought that we should have banned him as soon as we knew about his past. Others are still defending him, pointing out their transactions that went well.

One healthy side effect of this was the discussion of ethics, and how we want to be perceived as a group. I'd like to thank the people who initially made us aware of the potential problems. I'm sure it was not easy to register with the purpose of pointing out the problem, and deal with the attacks from people who thought that it was just throwing mud. But it was the right thing to do.

We'll try to find an appropriate way to ensure that new members down the road are aware of the history here and don't get burned. If you suspect that A2F is here under a different handle, notify a moderator.

Now it is time to move on.

Mike

This marks the end of AppleIIFan's participation here.

It doesn't help anyone or promote our purpose to allow further discussions about this here. Everything that needs to be said has been said. Please refrain from any more AppleIIFan threads in the future.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back