• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Approximate value of s SunSparc IPC

paul.brett

Experienced Member
Hi,

I've got a SunSPARC IPC box. It is in working order, preloaded with Solaris, and comes with a proper Sun keyboard, optical mouse (with special mat) and a Sun VDU (17" I think).

Any clue on possible value?

Paul.

I have a system here that's practically incomplete but it has SunOS on it.
Even witht he ram maxed, its not the fastest system but if you want to carry around one of the smallest and lightest older generation SUN systems excluding the tadpole, they can be fun to use.

I don't normally shop for them but I haven't seen much value in the past. Given in the past they were more just obsolete and not a collectible status, so I've seen them for around $50 but that's just the system and no keyboard, mouse, reflective pad, or monitor. It sorta depends on the folks looking though. Even recently I had someone on craigslist post an Ultra2 for free so it's difficult to say. They certainly are nice little boxes to learn some older Solaris on. Not sure about the IPC from cpu/RAM requirements but it'd likely still run Solaris 8 (a little slower).

I have an IPC loaded to the max with 48 MB ram. It runs NetBSD acceptably but forget more recent flavors of Linux or Solaris. I think it ran best with the original SunOS 4. It's really just useful as a pretty bookend and an example of really clever packaging design. If it was perfect cosmetically and internally complete I would give you 30 quid.

I have an IPC loaded to the max with 48 MB ram. It runs NetBSD acceptably but forget more recent flavors of Linux or Solaris. I think it ran best with the original SunOS 4. It's really just useful as a pretty bookend and an example of really clever packaging design. If it was perfect cosmetically and internally complete I would give you 30 quid.

Solaris 2.6 is pretty good on these.

Back