Here are some pics (rendered and actual) of the upcoming Aquarius+ platform...
Hardware works! Emulator works!
Here are the system features, at a glance:
- 512kb of banked RAM
- Color sprites
- Color tile maps
- Fully editable character set
- Bitmapped mode with "cell-based" color changes between foreground and background
- 6 voices of sound (2 virtual AY-3-8910 chips supported), sent out through 3mm stereo jack.
- SD card storage
- Wifi and Bluetooth capable through ESP32 module
- Dual DB9 ports to support legacy Aquarius Control Pads, Atari joysticks and paddles, Amiga mouse, Intellivision II controllers, and others (switchable via IO)
- Full legacy Expansion port to support ROM cartridges
- Backwards compatible with all original Aquarius software
- Software updates via SD card
- VGA output
- USB keyboard input
- Legacy cassette and printers supported through modern 3mm audio jacks (no more scrambling for outdated DIN cables, just grab a standard one from your junk drawer!)
- Real Z80 processor
- Hardware core completely rewritable and open source