• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Are there many.... ANY SX-64 owners here?

Most likely bad PLA. Not the end of the world. You can confirm it with a logic probe, and checking the outputs of the PLA for sanity.

I just wandered into an SX-64 today from a friend. All seems to be there, and the machine boots up and seems to work OK. One of the keyboard latches is broken - both the sliding latch on the keyboard and the matching tab on the case. The other side is OK.

Bigger "issue" is that one of the keys seems to have lost it's spring(s) inside the key assembly, and so won't pop up or actuate the keypress. The key in question was "R", so for the time being I swapped it out for the "British Pound"(?) key. Not being a huge Commodore guy, that seemed likely to be one of the least used keys, at least for now.

I'm a bit puzzled at how the one key could lose it's springs, since it seems like it would need to be dis-assembled... Anyway, if the collective has ideas for replacement springs, or someone has a key assembly they would part with, please let me know. I don't need the keycap, just the black part that snaps into the keyboard circuit board and it's white insert and springs.

TIA for any advice or help!

Back