• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Argh! I just missed an auction for one of my top wanted!

Ah shucks, the vintagecomputermuseum guy bought the byt-8 chassis for $300, and stuck a couple of cromemco cards in it and is now trying to sell it for $2500. Which means it will sit there for years.
Does that guy ever actually sell anything?

Does that guy ever actually sell anything?

Well, if you look at his feedback as a Seller, you will see one fellow who has racked up something like $3200 over many purchases. It generally looks like he occasionally actually scores one of his $999.99 sales, but he is mostly actually selling stuff around the $100-$200 range.

smp

Apparently so. They're a member here allegedly though I've never seen who it is. Prices are high usually but I do have to admit I'm quite envious of their collection.

Yeah, that Byt-8 is actually less common than an Imsai (afaik) so it may actually sell for $2500 someday. At least it didn't go to recycle!

Edit: though I suspect the Byt-8 is also less in demand than an Imsai, scarcity does not always equal collectability

Well, if you look at his feedback as a Seller, you will see one fellow who has racked up something like $3200 over many purchases.

Then God bless him and his patience.

I can't give stuff away for the cost of shipping. Go figure. Maybe I should dust them off and list them for some really high price with "make an offer". Take what I can get. He obviously puts a lot of work into his listings (or just keeps them on auto renew).

Ah shucks, the vintagecomputermuseum guy bought the byt-8 chassis for $300, and stuck a couple of cromemco cards in it and is now trying to sell it for $2500. Which means it will sit there for years.

Does anyone know if the processor board he added will actually work with the BYT-8 front panel?

smp

Back