• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Astral 2000 needs a home

It seems to be worth some money. Motorola 6800 CPU. Suggest you find a person who can check the power supply and all capacitors, replacing any as needed. This will allow you to demonstrate it safely to a buyer.

It's definitely worth something, though you will need to find someone who actually wants it as they are not that well known. I mean I would LOVE to own an Astral 2000 but I'm sure I couldn't afford it as the prices people are putting on any computers that is remotely "vintage" is ridiculous (not that they are actually able to get those prices). Of course without knowing if it works you will have to sell it as "untested" which will effect the price that people will be willing to pay for it. DON"T TRY TO TURN IT ON, turning on electronic devices that have been sitting around for many years, not used, can damage or destroy them so you if you want to know if it works you will have to find someone who has had experience with servicing vintage computers, though they are few and far between.

Hope that helps a bit, good luck.

Alan

I agree with the points about a working machine being worth more. The machine has a similar story as other home-built computers like the Altair. Altairs, even in poor condition will fetch 1500-2500. However, I think this has less cultural recognition so probably less. I’d roughly guess $500-1000. I’d offer something in that range, if interested.

Back