• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Atari Portfolio disassembly help

Half-Saint

Experienced Member
I just got me a pretty Atari Portfolio today but there's one thing that bothers me. It seems that the computer was opened sometimes in the past but not closed properly. There's a gap along the back side of the computer, where the screen tilt-joints are. I can't find any screws but I would like to get rid of the gap because it's causing the bottom of the computer to be slightly bent outwards. Can someone tell me how to disassemble and put back together my Portfolio? Or maybe this is a common thing and can't be helped? Thanks!

Cheers
SainT

Well I found that the screws are hidden under the rubber feet which ofcourse can be removed. I tried removing one but the glue seemed to be pretty much intact so I'm not sure whether or not somebody really tried to open it or the gap comes from defect plastic or from keeping the computer close to a heat source. Weird.. I wouldn't wanna remove the rubber feet without having a way of re-attaching them. I want to avoid using super-glue..

SainT

Mission complete. The gap is virtually gone :)

If you're wondering how I did it.. as I already said, there are two screws on the bottom side of the case, hidden under the rubber feet. In order to pry the case open you also have to remove the two screws from the "Portfolio bus" connector. Only then can you pull it apart. And that's all there is to it really :)

Cheers!
SainT

Back