• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ATI VGA WONDER 16 Looking for software or solution

Works like a charm! 512 in it. The other card I have is the diamond flower vg-6000. I'll give the two a comparison when I can. Glad to know the VGA wonder series are good cards. I'm new to this forum and appreciate all the help. I had always been interested in infocoms interactive fiction so set up a 5150 with 5151 for that.... but of course that became the beginning. Then the 5160, currently with 5154 and now the 5170 with a sony vga, may end up moving the 5154 to the 5170 anyway. Was there a VGA that was favored around the era of 5170? Or was the EGA the best match at the time? thanks to everyone for the great first puzzle solved using the forum.

There was the 5175 Professional Graphics Display, which uses the same chassis as the 5154. It's analogue like VGA, but uses a 9 pin connector. As far as I know you can build a passive adapter to easily convert it to VGA. On the graphics card end, there was a PS/2 display adapter which I think was designed for the PS/2 model 30, but also advertised to work in the PC, XT and AT. I don't believe IBM really sold it with the AT though because it came out around the time the AT was discontinued, but I think I heard in the French market where the AT sold slightly longer they offered it with a 12" PS/2 colour display.

Back