• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

BIOS for Toshiba T2100

I just checked pinout and they are the same. So definitely it can be replaced. I will test it, as many of Toshiba's old laptops uses this chip. Thanks modem7

OK, I believe we have success. My good friend Tezza (who happens to be a vintage computer gonzo) came around yesterday & we made progress. We found bad media was some of the problem so Tez cleaned the 3.5" drives with his cleaning disk. We made new copies of the T2100 MD-DOS 2.11 disk & sorted out 3.5" install into my 98SE/XP box.

So here is the result of BIOS dump. (Had to rename it from BIN to TXT so upload was accepted). Have looked at it in Hex Viewer & the first lines at least match what Debug df800:0 displayed.

Is there a battery on the motherboard? As there is a RTC, I presume so. If so, I should remove it to prevent leakage. Branko, do you know where it is, so I don't have to dismantle the whole machine? Do you have a photo of the motherboard?

Philip

Attachments

• MYF800.TXT
    32 KB · Views: 3
Is there a battery on the motherboard? As there is a RTC, I presume so. If so, I should remove it to prevent leakage. Branko, do you know where it is, so I don't have to dismantle the whole machine? Do you have a photo of the motherboard?
See the photos at [here].

pavery sorry for the late response. Yes, there is a battery (as modem7 send on link) and you should remove it asap. I was lucky enough that my battery was not leaked :)

I disassembled the laptop & sure enough found a leaking on-board Ni-Cd with a degree of green fuzz underneath. I unsoldered it and cleaned up the fuzz with White Vinegar, then IPA. The drives & laptop are now 100% stable. Furthermore after some use the blank pixel column on the gas-plasma has come back into service and has been solid for 2-weeks now. Thanks for the help - a T2100 is now back in the land of the living.

20211120_141325[1].jpg

Back