• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Blogs on VCF (is photo upload mode broken?)

MindThreat

Experienced Member
I toyed around with the idea of writing a blog on here (though it doesn't seem to get very much use/activity) is the photo upload option broken on the forum? I upload a small sized picture and it doesn't proceed to allow you to actually upload it?

Unable to upload or disallowed because of size? There is a 256k limit to uploads and some photos - JPEGs with a lot of complexity and diversity of colors - can exceed that. Below is one that I just uploaded: 119k in size.

Try scaling the photo smaller or reducing the bit-depth (e.g. 256 colors instead of 14 million). A program like Irfanview is handy for such tasks.

-CH-

PSU_Array2.jpg

FYI, the attachment system on the site isn't really designed to handle a whole lot of attachments before you run out of quota space and you have to delete attachments to add more. Likewise to save space images are resized to something that looks really small on modern displays.

I really suggest looking for an external image hosting service. They all have their cons if you want to keep them available for the long run but the forums are really not setup for hosting photos.

FYI, the attachment system on the site isn't really designed to handle a whole lot of attachments before you run out of quota space and you have to delete attachments to add more. Likewise to save space images are resized to something that looks really small on modern displays.

I really suggest looking for an external image hosting service. They all have their cons if you want to keep them available for the long run but the forums are really not setup for hosting photos.

Gathered as much and agree about the hosting sites, really sucks going back on posts even just 5 or 6 years ago and all the images that people posted are gone because the picture hosting service is dead or otherwise. Maybe it's a good time for me to go back to Flickr, it's been a long time.

I don't subscribe to streaming so my budget lets me justify $75/year for Photobucket.
For all the complaints people have for them, being able to pull up photos I uploaded nearly 20 years ago is mighty handy.

Back