• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bondwell 14 disks

cluttered

I’ve recently acquired a Bondwell 14. It’s in great condition and looks to be working properly.

Unfortunately it didn’t come with any media. I bought a set of 5 disks via an online seller, but only two of those actually work. So I can run Wordstar or Datastar, but I don’t have any system utilities other than PIP.

If I had a Linux PC with floppy drive I could write fresh working disks, but I don’t have one of those. Or maybe it’s possible to temporarily replace the B drive with a GoTek with HxC firmware?

I have downloaded images of the disks that I need, now I just need to get them to the computer somehow :)

Suggestions welcome. In the meantime I'll try to get access to a linux or DOS machine with 5 1/4 floppy drive, but no luck yet.

The Bondwell 14 is in MAME - it lists these disks listed - I'm not sure if they were original or came with the machine.

CalcStar v.145
CP/M 3.02
DataStar v1.41
DataStar v1.41c
ReportStar v1.02
WordStar v3.30

The Bondwell 14 is in MAME - it lists these disks listed - I'm not sure if they were original or came with the machine.

CalcStar v.145
CP/M 3.02
DataStar v1.41
DataStar v1.41c
ReportStar v1.02
WordStar v3.30

I've got a ZIP file of those images, the difficulty is getting them onto suitably formatted floppies (or a Gotek image?). The hunt for a cheap floppy-equipped PC begins...

Been a member here for about 14 years but states I'm a new member! I don't post unless I need to so unlikely to reach 10 posts anytime soon so can't create PM or email.
@cluttered: If you send me a DM/PM I may be able to assist.

I think Bondwell 12 and 14 floppies can be interchanged, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

You should be able to convert the images you have (are they in IMD format?) by converting the IMD (or the CQM file if from archive.org) to a HFE file using HxCFloppyEmulator software ready for a Gotek.

Back