• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bring lots of quarters . . .

I miss vintage arcade machines, lost so much money in them during the 80's.

Anybody ever play Battlezone on the original arcade?

View attachment 48075

We had a version of this that ran on an Apollo workstation! :D Somebody was making Fortran versions of popular games to run on the Apollo, but he got squashed. They probably sent the lawyers after him teeth first...

My ATF was Asteroids Deluxe. I worked for a company that supplied ROMs to Atari. You guessed it, they put one in our lunch room as a thank-you gift. Unlimited free games! Some guy on the line maintenance crew got a warning that if he ever made top score again, he'd be fired! :oops:

I liked pinball machines too as long as they were taken care of. Anybody know if pinball machines were more expensive to buy then CRT based arcade machines?

I liked pinball machines too as long as they were taken care of. Anybody know if pinball machines were more expensive to buy then CRT based arcade machines?

Saw an ad for the Bally 'Paragon' for about $1200. But then you've got to find a way to retrieve it.

Yes and no. Prices were high and low for various models of each. Some pinball machines had traditional pinball works plus all the workings of a typical arcade cabinet.

Back