• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Browservice not working, any ideas?

3lectr1c

Veteran Member
I tried to set up browservice today (if you aren't already familiar with what it is than you probably won't be able to help). Info on it is here: https://github.com/ttalvitie/browservice

It seems to work, in that it's outputting it over the network. I can connect to it from other computers, and it renders fine in an old version of Safari under OS X Leopard. Thing is I'm trying to get it to work on a classic Mac OS browser, ideally one that will run under System 7. This should absolutely be possible, as Browservice will run fine on IE 4 or later, which are available on Mac OS. Tried 4 and 5, a couple netscape versions, and iCab, which is the most recent browser made for System 7 (circa 2003), and none have worked right. Even Classilla, the most up to date browser (up to 2014) for Mac OS 9 didn't work, and I don't know why.

The problem I'm running into is endless refreshing. IE 5 does this, as does iCab. The rest don't render correct or error out. IE 5 should work as it's listed to work (the windows version at least) on their github page.
It just sits there reloading a blank page over and over again. Other sites work, and Browservice does appear in the top bar, meaning it's identified the page. Any clue what's happening?

Edit: appears to be a known and unfixed issue :(

Last edited:
Back