• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Buyers beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that it fine for the buyer to fork over the payment and shipping upfront and have nothing to show for it, but, it's not alright for the seller to refund the TOTAL amount when it was clearly his mistake?

If the buyer has to trust the seller, then the seller has to trust the buyer the same way.

I know one thing for sure--I will NEVER buy anything from or sell anything to Cudasales. . .the response so far just strengthens my initial unease with this transaction.

Cudasales sent the wrong item--they have to make it right with the customer by at least sending the amount of the return postage and the customs fees paid by the recipient for the incorrect items Cudasales sent BEFORE the customer sends them back. On receipt of the items, they should then ship the correct items free of ANY additional charges or refund the total original purchase price (to include the shipping). Cudasales made the mistake--Cudasales pays the full price for making it, not the customer.

Note: and if the customer used a charge card to pay for the transaction, it is about time to initiate a payment dispute/charge back through the credit card company. . .

I think this thread has run it's course. Everything is pretty clearly laid out for everybody else to read and make their own judgments.

As a matter of policy we are not going to ban people for failed transactions. Those are private matters, and for the most part they go well. However we do encourage people to post of something is egregious because it serves as a warning to others.

Mike's personal opinion:

I hope that the seller changes their mind and covers the additional shipping charges that are going to be incurred to ship things back and reship the correct item out. Nothing in the thread shows that Amigaz is trying to return something that they actually ordered - these were the wrong items and that makes Amigaz an 'innocent' party.

If Amazon.com or any other retailer sends you the wrong item, they pay the additional shipping charges, not the buyer. The seller presumably earns a profit on the sales, and that profit is supposed to provide margin for when mistakes are made. Don't stiff your customer with additional shipping charges because you made a mistake.

Despite your current set of satisfied customers you are doing damage to your reputation by letting this fester to the point where it got posted publicly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps disputes when Paypal is involved is different than the E-Bay process. I found it completely useless. I bought a Dauphin DTR about 6 years ago on E-bay and after 2 months and many exchanges I finally received a package. It included the DTR manuals and a FDD and software but no DTR. I invoked the E-Bay disputes process but to no useful result. I finally gave up on it. I was burned. Later on the seller was banned after other complaints but that did little to make up for my monetary loss. In fact to this day I still have a less than a 100% record because of the dispute. My only one. The seller likely registered under a different name and resumed bilking people.

I've bought and sold many things from others on the forum with never a problem. I do avoid tho the obvious merchants who are feeding off it.

Lawrence

I have seen cudasales to be a mostly valuable member of the site, and will hope he can resolve this with Amigaz.

@cudasales

In your only post on this thread you basically denied Amigaz claims. Not only is that both avoiding the claims set forth, but under more strict guidelines, a ban-able offense. I have had no experience with you myself, and you seem to handle yourself, and your positive feedback is certainly impressive, but ethically to keep trust with customers and ensure a smooth settlement, it is necessary to pick up the tab. Perhaps you should ask of Amigaz to send the items after you put it in writing to reimburse the shipping. That is what I'd do with my transactions and would hope you do the same.
All the Best,
Dreamy
@Amigaz
Your claims and anger are warranted, 100%, but if cudasales takes my advice, you will have a safeguard for you to be reimbursed. I hope you can peaceably resolve this, and you get what you paid for. If this was my site, I'd have gotten involved immediately. If you want our judgement on the cold response, provide a copy of his replies and same goes for him to ensure a fair representation.
All the Best,
Dreamy

Dreamcast270mhz said:
but under more strict guidelines, a ban-able offense.

No, it is not. Everyone needs to stop talking ban, you are not moderators and they are not being banned. As Mike already said we are not going to ban people for failed transactions. This thread has since long run it's course with the point now being reiterated with every single post. Time for the parties involved to deal with it in private, the warning was made and driven home.

Also please don't PM me wanting this thread reopened, it will remain closed unless there is an Administrative override.

Thanks and have a nice day.

-VK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back