• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Calling all original Apple-1 owners...

Corey986

Administrator
At VCF West (2019) this year on August 3rd and 4th at the Computer Histoy Museum in MountainView California we are trying to get as many original Apple-1 in the same room as possible. We are also thinking of a mass power on for those who want to the opportunity and also a discussion panel on Apple-1 stories where you can discuss the history of you particular system if you feel so inclined. We will also respect your privacy if you simply want to display the board in a glass case which we will supply.

Please contact me at corey@myapplecomputer.net to coordinate. We will work with the CHM and the local police to provide security for this event.

I will also reach out directly to many of you via email in the next coming weeks, but just in case I missed someone I’m posting here and on a few other sites.

Cheers,
Corey

Last edited:
Just curious.... Is there a "dark Internet" trading for computing collectables, such as Apple-1's? I can see them selling Van Gogh paintings and such.... But I can't see rare computers being sold underground.

Just curious.... Is there a "dark Internet" trading for computing collectables, such as Apple-1's? I can see them selling Van Gogh paintings and such.... But I can't see rare computers being sold underground.

No clue, but I don’t think it pays. The reason why you might get a black market “van Gogh” is that so few ever come up for sale. If you want an Apple-1 and have the money, you can get one. They aren’t all in museum collections or held only by people with enough money to never sell.

This only makes sense if there were a number of valuable stolen objects floating around that could be fairly easily identified by the original owners. At this point, I don't think they exist, at least in any numbers. I just haven't heard about vintage computer collectable robberies. That said, over the years, there have been a fair number of Apple 1's being traded, bought and sold in private sales, sort of under the radar.

regards,
Mike Willegal

Back