• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can anyone ID this EISA board?

njroadfan

Veteran Member
Ran across this board for sale last night, can't seem to find any info on it:

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/mb-intel-eisa-vlb-at-motherboard-50761572.htm

Its pretty expensive, but my main issue is locating EISA configuration tools for it. I did find the generic AMI EISA config utility with a ton of adapter and motherboard info files (see below link), but I'm concerned the one needed for that motherboard isn't there.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990821080517/http://lin.fsid.cvut.cz/ftp/drivers/eisa/

Did you ask the seller if he could tell you the model number of the board?

It's not one of the photos that I cleaned up for him, so, even if it were on there, you wouldn't be able to read it.

I guess I could ask him. Some digging is pointing it towards being made by Shuttle, specifically the HOT407. Thank goodness for Linux and its comprehensive EISA card ID database!

Ran across this board for sale last night, can't seem to find any info on it:

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/mb-intel-eisa-vlb-at-motherboard-50761572.htm

Its pretty expensive, but my main issue is locating EISA configuration tools for it. I did find the generic AMI EISA config utility with a ton of adapter and motherboard info files (see below link), but I'm concerned the one needed for that motherboard isn't there...

Aren't many EISA motherboard configuration utilities generic enough?...

EISA is a standard with the configuration memory, etc., at a defined location...

that eisa board is my ebid listing it needs work on it i got the board to boot but eisa info is tough to find eisa is rare enough but with vlb added i know "druid" and was going to sell thru his website but he backed off i do have other eisa boards but i had a stroke,lost my sense of balance so i am slow i am trying to get my own webstore running but having software problems the last eisa board i sold on ebay with cpu and memory went to cornell university for $250

Last edited:
THE EISA MOTHERBOARD ON EBID IS MINE it is not a shuttle hot-407 i found a photo on the web of the shuttle it is 3 eisa 5 isa and uses 30 pin simms my board on ebid is 4 eisa 3 isa with vlb and uses 4 72 pin simm sockets

Dont buy that board. Notice upper left hand corner, next to the Din Keyboard connector. Notice the missing battery, and seafoam green corrosion? That board is near toast... I wouldn't pay more then 5-10 bucks.

I've repaired boards like this and let me tell you, the corrosion never fully leaves if its that bad. I cleaned the whole area on one 286 board for example. Got off ALL visible corrosion, cleaned it with baking soda and water, then sprayed with vinegar, re-soldered the traces, afterward ran it thru the dishwasher. You figure it have been fine afterward. Nope. Not 6 months later system starts acting goofy. So I open her up, what do I find? The corrosion seeped into the isa bus pins. 30-40 pins aqua blue/ seafoam green... :S Board is toast.

Moral is you can't shine up a turd into gold, all you get is a shiny turd and dirty hands. Anyways for that price I have seen much nicer systems. I seen a Compaq Prolinea v4 server go for near 100 on ebay not 2 months ago. Its a newer ver of what I own (ver 1). Its an 486-33, full TTL logic not a cheap glue chipset, onboard scsi, and bunch of EISA slots, think 6-7. Plus built in ethernet and Et4000 w/32 . And the cases are pretty sexy too! ^_^

Compaqs nowadays are a joke, but their vintage systems are built like tanks. Another awesome thing about compaq is you can goto to their website, and they still have all the drivers and info available for download for vintage systems, just like Dell and IBM. A definite bonus in my book! No need to search days and days for EISA utils or manuals etc. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Actually, since the leakage from a NiCad battery is a base (potassium hydroxide), you'd want to neutralize it with vinegar and water, not baking soda, which would have done nothing other than spread it around since all common potassium salts are soluble in water.

That's probably how it managed to seep into the connector.

Last edited:
Possibly, but I used vinegar in a spray bottle and went nuts at it for like 5-10 minutes spraying everything long after I let it dry out from scrubbing it with baking soda and a toothbrush. So it should have been neutralized anyways, correct? Thats what throws me. Maybe your right and it somehow just made things worse and got caught under the isa slots... Either way I'll remember that. Vinegar only! :D Good tip ty!

Last edited:
You're welcome.

It's a fairly common misconception that anything that corrodes is an acid, but an alkali is much more corrosive, especially to the human body.

For example, you could drink 6 molar hydrochloric acid and not even burp, but, if you even got sodium or potassium hydroxide close to your mouth, you'd probably have ulcerated corneas and all the nearby mucus membranes would be hemorrhaging to beat the band.

Back