• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Can anyone in Florida save this HP 3000?

I've been watching this too, along with the 7937 hard drives and the 7978 tape drive, simply because I used to work on these systems. The Series 70 is a beast of a machine, and requires 220V for power. I'm not in a position to rescue it though, either in terms of proximity or space.

Ditto. Honestly, to me, these machines have no real value beyond what I could auction it for as they're nothing that I have a personal connection with, and they're too archaic for me to enjoy recreating the past.

I think that the retrocomputing/emulation things are ways for people to wax nostalgic and enjoy the things that they used to enjoy. Once it goes out of my realm of experience (or, similarly, out of the realm of an experience I never had but wanted), it's not really something that I'm overly interested in. Not for me to have to keep/restore, anyways - if it were close by, and I could just provide the legwork in taking it to a nearby technology museum, I'm there.

Pretty neat server. You'll have to get a few friends a few beers to go along with ya though. I can only imagine the weight of that thing.

Not too many people that have that much space in their house. It would be just as bad for someone got it and put it in a shed or garage with no climate control.

You would probably need a forklift to move it around. Could you even fit it through the front door of a house?

Back