• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can someone identify NEC's proprietary ISA slot?

raifield

Experienced Member
I've got a NEC Powermate SX board inside a NEC Powermate 1 case (works great!) and the Powermate SX has a curious "extended" ISA slot that I can't seem to find much information about. I gather it's for a proprietary memory card, but I can't seem to find any information as to what I might start looking for.

If anyone has any clue, I would certainly appreciate a heads-up.

20150419_141701.jpg

I believe that's the slot for the memory expansion card. Very common in 386 systems and almost certainly unique to this particular machine. Good luck in finding one.

If you can find a manual, you may be able to gather part numbers that will allow you to find matching systems that used the same card. I know NEC shared these cards with a number of other companies. Finding a complete system which has the card will be difficult since few got a memory card. Ebay gets 32-bit memory cards occasionally but so poorly photographed and described that it is impossible to determine the correct system.

You might try looking at http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohlandl/PS2_MOST/ACROREAD/TSSFACT/TFSPC/NEC/2012008.PDF and see if that can give you part numbers that can lead you to a next step. If your model differs, there are a lot of other PDF files at that site.

Thanks krebizfan, I found the PDF that corresponds to my system.

Apparently I need either:

2MB memory exp. board OEM 136-008302-855A IBM 67H9122
4MB memory exp. board OEM 136-008302-853A IBM 67H9120

Nothing to do now but simply keep looking for them. Thanks!

Back