• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cannot access STM32 Flash utility download

WBST

Veteran Member
Hi boys and girls,

in trying to sort out FlashFloppy firmware on a few Goteks, in support of the PS/2 MAD men (P70s and P75s, initially), I've run into a roadblock trying to get the STM download, as their site refuses to send me the e-mail address verification, no matter how I've tried.
https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/flasher-stm32.html#get-software
Can anyone provide the appropriate package?

TIA

Hi boys and girls,

in trying to sort out FlashFloppy firmware on a few Goteks, in support of the PS/2 MAD men (P70s and P75s, initially), I've run into a roadblock trying to get the STM download, as their site refuses to send me the e-mail address verification, no matter how I've tried.
https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/flasher-stm32.html#get-software
Can anyone provide the appropriate package?

TIA

Try a different email reader. I was having a hard time with a MB. The administrator was sending me the verification stuff but outlook kept blocking it as malware. It does this without asking or telling you it is doing it. The administrator finally manually enabled my account. Try using Firefox or such.
I wrote my own loader. The specs are all in stm's pdfs someplace. I use a regular ftdi rather than the JTG port stm device. You don't need the STM loader unless you are using the JTG functions for debug.
I'd give you my stuff but it is written in win32forth and it is source only since I compile it in Forth when I use it. ( yes, it is that fast to recompile ). It is not in an EXE file.
It also has my personal command syntax. ( not user friendly windows pick with the mouse ) It can load binary or HEX files though.
Dwight

Try a different email reader. I was having a hard time with a MB. The administrator was sending me the verification stuff but outlook kept blocking it as malware. It does this without asking or telling you it is doing it. The administrator finally manually enabled my account. Try using Firefox or such.
I wrote my own loader. The specs are all in stm's pdfs someplace. I use a regular ftdi rather than the JTG port stm device. You don't need the STM loader unless you are using the JTG functions for debug.
I'd give you my stuff but it is written in win32forth and it is source only since I compile it in Forth when I use it. ( yes, it is that fast to recompile ). It is not in an EXE file.
It also has my personal command syntax. ( not user friendly windows pick with the mouse ) It can load binary or HEX files though.
Dwight

Thanks for the advice, Dwight, but I've double-checked the account using the web-reader interface, before it ever gets to Outlook on my laptop, and there's nothing in the Inbox or Spam folders from STM. There's some blurb about them being able to withdraw services at any time without notice in their T&Cs and I'm wondering if the STM32/Gotek-related package has been overly active for their taste?

I have a USB to 4 x pin connectors cable with the Prolific PL-2303 XA/HXA chip. It installs as COM13 OK.
Yes, Forth code would be a stretch for me, but I was hoping someone might have kept the Windows .zip or whatever (.exe .ms?) package.

Back