• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CBM 8026 Printer.... Pretty...

dabone

Veteran Member
W9spHWR.jpg

I know it's a rebranded OLYMPIA ESW-103, but this is the first one I've seen. Daisywheel IEEE-488 Printer for the PET line.
I don't have a voltage adapter to turn any of this pet haul on yet..

Hi - I know this is an old thread but I'm picking one of these up next week and I was wondering if you got it working and did you find any manuals/schematics?

Thanks.

Colin,.

If you look in the back, you will see a Commodore IEEE interface board connected to the Olympia driver board, I think I remember from working on some of those in the 1980s - there was a "RO" - Receive only version that had the front of the case pretty much chopped off, so no keyboard and a blanking panel... They were slow but good quality, depending on the ribbons - typically used with Wordcraft80, the Word Processor...

Hi - I know this is an old thread but I'm picking one of these up next week and I was wondering if you got it working and did you find any manuals/schematics?

Thanks.

Colin,.
Pretty sure the original service manual - such as it was - was a small A5 ring binder with folded pull-out pages for the circuits, the sort of binder with lots of rings all the way up the page

Lots more pictures here:

And there's a German manual here:

But no schematics I can find.

Colin.

I've never even plugged it in, it's stored under my bed.
I've just started to refurbish mine and three of the components have disintegrated. I'd be very grateful if you could find the time to take a look and let me know what they are. They are right by the power connector on the larger PCB.

Thanks very much.

Colin.

Attachments

• PXL_20231229_195319184.jpg
    PXL_20231229_195319184.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Back