• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore 64 re-make.

While all-in-one PC's are quite uncommon today, they still exist. I used to be a big fan of those, but realize performance and costs will probably equal it to a laptop. Ok, this one needs an external display so perhaps a little cheaper but on the other hand likely to be produced in low volumes so they can't cut costs by volume.

My biggest concern however is that those who call themselves Commodore have advertised a couple of new products in the past few years, and as far as I know none went to production or sales. Thus not until you see a site that takes orders, you can't be the slighest certain the computer actually will be made.

I thought the new Commodore was using the Cybernet ZPC as the basis for their promotional artwork. The ZPC tends to be slow and expensive. Quick web search shows a number of newer models run about $1,000 more than an equivalent Dell desktop. That's a lot of money for increased wrist damage from the awkward keyboard.

Though I have seen some places having sales on some Cybernet models so I wonder if the new Commodore is simply planning on rebadging unsold inventory picked up at clearance.

Back