• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Commodore Pet with tapes and tape drive for sale

Sure but these days anyone in the USA can easily have a phone number in any area code.

Your profile conveniently.

I never trust these brand new forum members who sign up and immediately try to sell us stuff. Remember that apple II guy who wanted $25K and listed it the day he signed up? Never saw another post from him again. I avoid the types. I don't know, but to me it seems rude to join a new board then immediately try and make a sale.

I'd be interested in the tapes but it's better for the computer itself to go to someone closer to reduce the cost/risk of shipping.

I never trust these brand new forum members who sign up and immediately try to sell us stuff. Remember that apple II guy who wanted $25K and listed it the day he signed up? Never saw another post from him again. I avoid the types. I don't know, but to me it seems rude to join a new board then immediately try and make a sale.

I completely disagree. I bought one of the largest new old stock Pentium Pro hardware lots in recent times from this very forum from a very nice guy who joined to just sell the lot. Extremely grateful he did join to advertise it here or it could have landed in the landfill or a recycle center. Best not to generalize IMO and take some chances once in awhile. Sometimes you get a prize.

OBO isn't too high for a PET. But this seller probably doesn't read replies here; he's expecting a phone call.

$600 is high for a PET.

I dunno man, I don't wanna give OP any ideas but these things have some crazy hipster tax on them on fleaBay. Whether or not they'll go at this price is another thing, but I have seen some pretty clapped out junk go for some pretty crazy prices.

commies.JPG

I would jump all over this one if I could, I have 4016 that need some love, I would likely use it as a parts pig for these ones.

I completely disagree. I bought one of the largest new old stock Pentium Pro hardware lots in recent times from this very forum from a very nice guy who joined to just sell the lot. Extremely grateful he did join to advertise it here or it could have landed in the landfill or a recycle center. Best not to generalize IMO and take some chances once in awhile. Sometimes you get a prize.

I dont generalize (no thats not completely true, circumstantial) I proceed with caution.. Heard too many repeating stories of members losing money.

I dunno man, I don't wanna give OP any ideas but these things have some crazy hipster tax on them on fleaBay

Its true.. And PET's dont show up all that often and seem to be area specific. I paid close to $300 for a non-working low serial number(just happened to be low SN, wanst looking) Original chiclet 2001-8 Because I really wanted that model. It was the only one I really had the opportunity of buying as well. Much more than I would like to spend, but I had some extra cash to burn that week.

I dont generalize (no thats not completely true, circumstantial) I proceed with caution.. Heard too many repeating stories of members losing money.

I generalize all the time. I am certainly not immune to the human condition.

IMO, anyone who goes for a non-functioning PET is admirable. They can be a real PITA at times to diagnose and get functioning properly from what I have seen in these forums.

IMO, anyone who goes for a non-functioning PET is admirable. They can be a real PITA at times to diagnose and get functioning properly from what I have seen in these forums.

Well it wasnt dead. Had garbage and incorrect characters on the screen. Replaced the RAM and Video RAM with the help from Dave at tynemouth software. The chiclet keyboard was the biggest nightmare, since this was decades old spill damage that corroded the keyboard PCB. But as Luck would have it I ended up meeting a guy with a chiclet keyboard and he just gave it to me! Needed a new power switch and cable and then the machine was working again. I always wanted one and now I have once.. yes it cost me alot in the long run, but now I can say I have a fully working 1977 PET.

I generalize all the time. I am certainly not immune to the human condition.

Conversely, I think PETs are by far the easiest computer to work on. The only thing that would make them easier is more sockets.

Swear to god, I live in the wrong country ;_;

Did I respond to this already? Australia probably has an abundance of Japanese stuff we don't commonly see here. Be grateful.

These Pet things were in the labs when I was in high school. Never used one. They're kind of cute. I just don't understand why they would go for so much. Now I am a Commodore fan, just more mainstream. The Pets never really did much for me. But to each her/his own.

I've only seen these with white text. We're there green tubed jobbies? That would be a little extra cute by me.

I've never owned a Commodore PET but would like to pick one up at some point, but I think I'd like an 8032 if I'm going to have just one.

Back