• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore Plus/4 peripheral question

animekenji

Experienced Member
I just got a FREE (!) boxed Commodore Plus/4 that still works and I know they had a unique line of peripherals that you typically have to buy through one of ebays European sites to get and shipping costs are a killer and a lot of the time the seller doesn't understand English (they are found a lot on ebay Germany). I have been searching the internet and getting mixed information. Can I use Commodore VIC and 64 peripherals with this machine? I have a 1541 and a cassette player I would like to use, but I don't want to risk trying to connect them in case I might short something out because the connections aren't compatible.

OK cool, thanks. I'll be using my 1541 for the time being and skipping buying a 1551 for while until I can afford the outrageous shipping charge from Europe (40 GBP from UK!!!) or can find a US seller. I will still need a 1531 datassette though (grumble).

The 1551 breaks like fragile glass, I've heard. Or at least it breaks very easily when it is shipped. Regarding the tape drive, you should be able to obtain an adapter which lets you use the C2N or 1530. As far as I know, it is only the connector that is different on Plus/4.

Back