• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Compaq Portable II Setup Disk

platformalist

Hey folks! My Compaq Portable II displays the following message when it boots:

00640KB OK
162-System Options Not Set-(Run Setup)
Insert USER PROGRAMS diskette in Drive A:

From what I've gathered, I need a 5.25" setup disk, but I have no access to the hardware to burn one. Are there any Compaq users on VCFed who can make a copy of the Portable II's setup disk and mail it to Calgary, AB? I'd be happy to pay for the disk and postage, and if you'd like, I can also mail back a copy of a game I made a few years back!

Thank you so much! Can't send PMs just yet since I'm a new user, but once that part of my account is unlocked I'll be sure to take you up on it. If I can get things up and running, I may post some pictures of the progress on this Compaq, as it was a little beat up when I got it and some of the cleaning was quite satisfying. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! Can't send PMs just yet since I'm a new user, but once that part of my account is unlocked I'll be sure to take you up on it. If I can get things up and running, I may post some pictures of the progress on this Compaq, as it was a little beat up when I got it and some of the cleaning was quite satisfying. Thanks again!
You can also just send me a mail instead of pm. Just sent me a message: thomas@hagelaars.nl

Back