• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Computer History Museum Open House

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
Monday night, June 2, 2003 marked the official opening of the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA.

I attended the Open House that evening as a volunteer, but I was able to get a sneak peek at the exhibit area (and a little more) before I started working. I posted a page with some information and few pictures on my site.

Enjoy!

Erik

So you were affiliated with the old Boston computer museum?

I've lived in both MA and CA (LA and San Francisco) and I prefer CA for a number of reasons with the most significant being the weather.

That said, I can understand why some would be adverse to living here. It's not for everyone! :D

Erik

Affiliated? I honestly don't remember, but I went there many times. I've been to the locations at Moffit Field a few times too, and gotten the personal tour. Visited the IBM 1620 group while they were putting finishing touches on their box as well. I still say they cheated by using another machine for support, but (1) they didn't ask me, and (2) it's understandable considering the parts they've got the other machine standing in for. :?

I'm still a member of the Boston Science Museum, which got parts of the Boston Computer Museum's collection when it dissolved, though I don't think I've seen any of it recently.

Back