• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Compuvoxx real estate fm broadcasting machine

Micom 2000

Veteran Member
I have had one of these machines for many years and occasionally had responses to make it functional since I don't have the external power supply. A reply many years ago on classiccmp said it was a machine used by Real Estate sellers which one could tune into FM frequencies at a short distance and which would describe the
property you were passing by. It had approval by both the US and Can. broadcasting Agencies. The FCC.

At that time they cost around $10,000.

Has anyone any info on these boxes, since of course I'd like to put this to use on my own nephaious schemes including the defeat of our own Town Counciil which has presented villagers with a doubling of water rates and attempted to change town taxes from assessment basis to flat-rate where all pay the same regardless of the magnificence and cost of their home.

Lawrence

I have had one of these machines for many years and occasionally had responses to make it functional since I don't have the external power supply. A reply many years ago on classiccmp said it was a machine used by Real Estate sellers which one could tune into FM frequencies at a short distance and which would describe the
property you were passing by. It had approval by both the US and Can. broadcasting Agencies. The FCC.

At that time they cost around $10,000.

Has anyone any info on these boxes, since of course I'd like to put this to use on my own nephaious schemes including the defeat of our own Town Counciil which has presented villagers with a doubling of water rates and attempted to change town taxes from assessment basis to flat-rate where all pay the same regardless of the magnificence and cost of their home.

Lawrence
I'll ask on your behalf on another list; I think a few people there have used these or units like them, and they're the kind of anti-government curmudgeons who'd probably love your nefarious scheme, whatever it is.

Haven't found a box for those drives yet; maybe next week...

At this point usable 10g or more HDDs are not an issue. I'm going thru another problem related to a son with 3 kids and a wife who's split. As a parent and grandparent this becomes paramont. Even tho my 73 years should provide a cushion, it is still something I should run to like Galahad.

Hey all you computer kids on the forum (14 + to 55) the outside world never stops no matter how you try to ignore it. And THAT great love becomes faded, and THAT newest love is generally temporary. That's real life.

And even old computers aren't especially true to you. Certainly not the MS$ ones. That's also true.

Lawrence

Back