• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Correct master CD and monitor speakers for Packard Bell Legend 401CD

itsvince725

Experienced Member
I managed to acquire a Packard Bell Legend 401CD today with keyboard, mouse, and monitor. However, it was "upgraded" at some point to Windows 98 without the RAM being upgraded beyond the stock 8MB, so I'd like to downgrade it to the original 95 version that would have come with this machine. Also, the 15 inch monitor has the provisions for the side speakers but no speakers, and since Packard Bell made two different sized monitors (15 and 17 inch) with presumably different models of speaker, I don't know which ones to look for, as I imagine the speakers for the 17 inch monitor simply won't attach.

Does anyone know what master CD and model of speakers I need for my Packard Bell?

I managed to acquire a Packard Bell Legend 401CD today with keyboard, mouse, and monitor. However, it was "upgraded" at some point to Windows 98 without the RAM being upgraded beyond the stock 8MB, so I'd like to downgrade it to the original 95 version that would have come with this machine. Also, the 15 inch monitor has the provisions for the side speakers but no speakers, and since Packard Bell made two different sized monitors (15 and 17 inch) with presumably different models of speaker, I don't know which ones to look for, as I imagine the speakers for the 17 inch monitor simply won't attach.

Does anyone know what master CD and model of speakers I need for my Packard Bell?

http://pbclub.pwcsite.com/wiki/index.php/Packard_Bell_Master_CDs
This site was recommended to me for My platinum supreme. I cant find my disc in thr list but yours should use one from around 95/96 when yours was built.

I just determined my specific monitor is model 1412SL, if that helps at all with figuring out which speakers I need.

Back