• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CP/M-80 on TRS80 Model 100

Twospruces

Veteran Member
Quick note to mention two things.

First, a new RAM upgrade for M100 is available called REXCPM, and it enables CP/M-80 to operate on M100 with an internal 3.5 MB ramdisk. See

http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=REX

There is a custom adaptation of CP/M to go with it.

And then also,
A NSC800 based dual CPU upgrade for M100 is also available.
It enables M100 to operate in Z80 mode, allowing for Z80 based CP/M software apps also.

Details will be posted shortly.

Quick note to mention two things.

First, a new RAM upgrade for M100 is available called REXCPM, and it enables CP/M-80 to operate on M100 with an internal 3.5 MB ramdisk. See

http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=REX

There is a custom adaptation of CP/M to go with it.

And then also,
A NSC800 based dual CPU upgrade for M100 is also available.
It enables M100 to operate in Z80 mode, allowing for Z80 based CP/M software apps also.

Details will be posted shortly.

Both sound interesting. Is there any place other than eBay that has NSC800 CPUs in stock? I haven't found any.

Thanks, I'll check for UTSOURCE on eBay. I was worried about getting fake parts from China.

The UTSOURCE website might actually be better, I've purchased from them and they are very pro-active with their customer service. The generic LS and HC chips I've purchased from the sellers there have validated on my IC tester (the projects aren't completed yet). The shipping is strange though, so it's worth cross-shopping.

The UTSOURCE website might actually be better, I've purchased from them and they are very pro-active with their customer service. The generic LS and HC chips I've purchased from the sellers there have validated on my IC tester (the projects aren't completed yet). The shipping is strange though, so it's worth cross-shopping.

Can you elaborate on your last comment? What is strange, and what is cross shopping? Thanks.

Back