• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CPU clock speed display for AT style case

vanderk

Experienced Member
I have a three digit (1xx) clock speed display that has several segments not functioning (yes, the jumpers are set correctly). Does anyone know a source for these boards/displays? I guess I could replace the three digit on the board with some patience and carefully soldering, but finding a drop-in replacement would be much more convenient!

I wonder if a stockpile exists somewhere as I need two or three (some of my AT cases are missing the displays). My display is labeled S-305H; searches on the Internet reveal nothing.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I've got a spare somewhere, but I seem to remember that the display digts themselves were pretty much bog-standard 7-segment LED displays.

Having had the same exact problem just after I started getting into the hobby, the LED displays tended to be a single component- i.e. a 2.5-digit display. Even if you find such an LED display, then you have to find one which aligns with the PCB holes.

After a while I gave up on trying to fix it and started saving up for a new case- which I never bought anyway :p. But that was 3 years ago... and things can change.

Well, there wasn't a single manufacturer. And the assembly on them was typically lousy. I have two on cases here that occasionally lose a segment and a tap on the display usually brings them back. I usually set mine to display "On" or "HI" and "Lo"--the MHz display is pretty meaningless.

AAR, I have a spare, if the OP wants to fool with one.

Thank you, Chuck. As cr1901 noted, the LED displays available don't seem to match-up exactly with the PCB holes (most have an extra pin for a decimal). I'm surprised that there aren't some of these floating around on eBay or at Jameco--assumed they'd be common. I could easily build a static LED display but constructing one to switch digits by depressing the turbo button will require more time than I have.

Well, I looked at the speed displays in my hellbox and they're both 2-digit (no "1"). A quick check online shows plenty of 2- and 3-digit LED displays, but aside fron special-order from China, zip in the 2.5 digit variety.

Bummer.

Hi, does anybody happen to have any TurboXT schematics ? I have a TurboXT clone and LED display attached to it. I configured it to display frequencies 5/10MHz respectively. After few minutes the 5 continulosly changes to 18, that means both frequncies are lit. It must be some overheating problem. I would like to know what the schematics part in XT is.

I've come across two makers of the LED boards. Mine were made by "Hu's" and include a 2.5 digit display (s-305H) and two digit display (S-305). Jumpers are very similar for the two with the exception that the S-305H has an additional column for hundreds. Anyway, here is a scan of the instructions.

Scan.jpg

Last edited:
Back