• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

CPU for sale Z80 Motorola MC68010 Intel P100 8086

mc68010

Experienced Member
I am in desperate need of beer money. I have way more CPUs than beers. This isn't right. Only you can help.

These have all been tested except for the P100. I don't have a board for that. I bought it off ebay as working a long time ago and never used it. If it doesn't work send it back for a refund.

I just took a group shot of the types of cpu. The price is for a single CPU. If you want a particular one please ask. First come first served.

Price includes USPS First Class shipping in the US. Buy more than 1 and take $2 off the price of each additional. International people get to pay actual postage and it will be shocking and unfair but, not my fault.

Payment preferably by PayPal but, I'm open to suggestions. Located in California if it matters.

Z80 CPU $7 each
Very Pretty Motorola MC68010 10MHz $15
Intel P100 $7
Intel 8086-2 $10

IMG_1565.jpgIMG_1570.jpgIMG_1573.jpgIMG_1574.jpgIMG_1575.jpg

I just went by the lowest ebay buy it now prices and knocked a couple bucks off. I'm throwing in shipping. All the ones that come up for $3 are asking $6+ in shipping. They end up much more expensive.

I was talking about standard-line retailers, such as Jameco. If you are in Belmont, you can go to the counter and get them for $2 and change. I suspect that this is true at other places also. And these are new chips, not pulls.

Just sayin' Something like a Z80H would undoubtedly bring a higher price.

I was talking about standard-line retailers, such as Jameco. If you are in Belmont, you can go to the counter and get them for $2 and change.
Ya', and how much would the gas cost to drive to Belmont??? Doesn't that count? I know it does for me. It costs $5 just to start my car! :) You have opened a case of apples and oranges. Neither gas nor shipping is free and you need to take this into consideration when evaluating prices. Mc68010's prices are quite reasonable if you look at them reasonably. :)

I get what you are saying but, that's not really a fair comparison. It's $10.46 by the time that Z80A get to you from Jameco. Jameco is not like many other places in the world and most of us aren't local. Unfortunately.

Okay, I take your point. It just seemed a shock to me as I can remember paying under $0.80 for them in 100 piece lots years ago. $7 for a pull just seemed to be out of line.

Times change. I'm old.

I get it.

It seems that if you want good prices and free shipping, you have to buy a lot of 3 or a lot of 10.

Silly me.

And only 20 days shipping time from China. There are actually a couple lots on ebay that are cheaper but, most of us don't want 15 Z80A even if they are only $1.69 each in the end. I've made that mistake before. I have 40 74F125 sitting here when I only needed one. It was so much cheaper individually to buy the tubes. Still I spent way more than 1 was and unless I can figure out what to use at least 5 more of these on I actually lost money.

Tell me about it--I've got more than will fit in a parts drawer. What brought this whole thing up for me was, given the proliferation of the things, is there really any sort of demand out there? Fairchild 9440s or GI CP1600s or even NS SC/MPs, I could see a strong demand for because of rarity. But the Z80 it seems was in everything--disk controllers, SCSI adapters, modems and probably a bunch of other devices.

Note that I'm not quibbling with your MC68010--that's not exactly a common chip.

Tell me about it--I've got more than will fit in a parts drawer. What brought this whole thing up for me was, given the proliferation of the things, is there really any sort of demand out there? Fairchild 9440s or GI CP1600s or even NS SC/MPs, I could see a strong demand for because of rarity. But the Z80 it seems was in everything--disk controllers, SCSI adapters, modems and probably a bunch of other devices.

Note that I'm not quibbling with your MC68010--that's not exactly a common chip.

I am not sure there is any more demand for a 68010 unfortunately. Maybe even less. That exact 68010 is why I have this username. I was trying to think of a username and looked over and saw it on the desk near me. Bam ! mc68010 was born.

Still some people out there building Z80 kits. The poor 68010 was never all that popular even when it was new.

I've wondered if the MC68008 would be more popular for DIY-ers if it were more common in the wild. Compared to the Z80, it's not much more complex and can address 4MB of memory. A DIY kit using a NS32008 would be just as doable, but I don't think I've ever seen a 32008 "in the flesh".

My 68010s are all PGA.

I think the Z80 is just so well documented and ubiquitous that some time in 2145 a 29 year old German dude will be posting the schematics for a single board Z80 based cp/m computer he designed at home on whatever the internet is then. A working Z80A will probably cost $300 then but, you will probably be able to print out a compatible chip on your 3d printer.

I suspect that the number of people checking the marketplace and that don't check this section of the forum is pretty much zero.

Back