• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cracking open the IBM PC jr

Ahh, I thought someone here would be able to identify some of the items pointed out, thanks :)
And if the author thinks the PCjr has a significant amount of off-board rewiring, he should try looking at a late model IBM XT motherboard. That thing has yellow wires running all over the place between chips! But I guess it was still cheaper and easier than paying for a whole new motherboard layout to be designed and manufactured.

It's interesting that Tech Republic ran that. I thought it was a pretty shallow introduction to the machine, but it was better than most in that it was a 'bash-fest' against the machine.

Of course as the owner of the best PCjr web pages out there, I have a slightly biased opinion. ;-0

It's interesting that Tech Republic ran that. I thought it was a pretty shallow introduction to the machine, but it was better than most in that it was a 'bash-fest' against the machine.

Of course as the owner of the best PCjr web pages out there, I have a slightly biased opinion. ;-0

It may warm your heart to see how it was linked to in the email I received about it then:

Cracking Open the IBM PC Jr.

Gallery: See what's inside a 1983 edition of one of the pioneers of the home personal computer market.
READ FULL STORY

Our intrepid #2 biased? NEVER!!

--T

Back