• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Crossroads

Havoc

Experienced Member
I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, mostly because of the post Ross just made on our Facebook group. I have come to a crossroad, on one hand I can continue to film like I always have. Fresh & unedited. Keeping my subscribers low. Or I can turn it up. Give my channel more of a professional look. I have years of experience in this field. (Computers) & Tinkering in general. I will retire soon. Spending most of my time visiting the world. Oh & looking for old & rare Rigs. I will make it my goal to bring them back to life, In all original condition. My question is what path should I take? Please give me your opinions. One things for sure. I wont stop doing what I love. If this is not the proper place to submit this thread I apologies in advance. Just wanted to reach out & see what you think.

LOL I don't know how to take that... "The Unprofessional computer guy". Is that how I come across? Hmmm well maybe I should put more energy into these video's. I was really just showing my collection. But I feel people have taken a point of view that I don't know what I am talking about. LOL... I just wanted to keep them simple....I think you may be right Lutiana..If I am going to take the time to post these I should be more professional. Oh and yes he's right that's me. This is good...Keep it coming, I need to know if I should change up.

LOL I don't know how to take that... "The Unprofessional computer guy". Is that how I come across?.

Not at all. You said you wanted to turn it up and make it more professional, my comment was a joke, since this implies it's been unprofessional or amateur.... I like the videos, though I think you'd benefit greatly from developing a script before hand (most people would). I don't really mind what you do, just keep 'em coming :D

Actually I got the joke, I'm thinking of using the name. It does sound more like me. I want to be more constructive on the items I post. But I don't want to get to analytical. I see enough of that already on YouTube. I want to be able to explain whats inside in a way most can understand. I think you have given me 2 great pieces of information. A script, nothing wrong with that. It will keep me on topic & I don't have to make it to intense. And a new name! "The Unprofessional computer guy". Thank You.... :)

What does this have to do with PCs and clones?

Sorry .. probably going to move this to general off topic, as it's only tangentially related to PCs and clones.

wow getting a little power hungry are we, if you read it threw.... My whole topic was how I explain my builds...which are PC & Clones. So what other topic would it better fit. Do what you wish. I have my answers

You asked about stylistic decisions for your channel, not about a PC specific topic. By definition, that makes it tangential to the PCs sub-forum. Hence the move.

Power hungry? No. It's the job of the moderators to keep things on topic. Thanks for understanding.

ok I guess that makes sense..I would like to keep to the rules of forums I join. This just seems a little controlling to me. In the future I will try to keep my post more correct to the forum I place it in.

Once again, it's not a matter of control. Moderators try to keep things relatively well organized so that the hundreds of other people who frequent these forums can find what they are looking for. And no harm has been done ... I think that the current location is a much better match.

Subbed to your channel. Loved how you found the trs-80 stuff you forgot. Thanks for the laughs.

Back