• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DEC items for sale, swap or giveaway

Mal

Experienced Member
I have a collection of DEC items available for sale, swap or giveaway.

They are mostly VAX or MicroVAX items, as well as a few PDP-11 items.

These are in Melbourne, Australia. I appreciate this may not be of much interest to the rest of the world.

If interested, please take a look here -> http://avitech.com.au/?p=1285

Thanks.

Qbus

Veteran Member
Nice clean system you have of organization you got there but I was left wondering “what is a Capsicum???” after a little research I found out it’s what we call in the states a Bell Pepper. Would be great to get my hands on real RT-11 documentation as opposed to PDF files but think shipping would be crazy.

gslick

Veteran Member
If these systems were in the US I'm sure you would have a lot of takers for just about everything you have listed. Nice collection of gear.

Mal

Experienced Member
Yes it's a small "market" here in Australia for DEC equipment, both when buying and selling/disposing. Hopefully thinning things out will provide more time and focus to complete some of the other DEC projects on my to-do list!

Shipping between Australia and the U.S. is horridly expensive for small lots (such as one cabinet). It gets vastly more affordable as the volume increases. Back in April this year I had a quote of US$3,500 to send a 20 foot container to the U.S. That never went ahead, but I thought the quote was pretty reasonable considering how much stuff you could pack in a container. Sadly, most of that equipment ended up going to recycling. I'm trying to avoid a repeat of that exercise.