• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Dell Optiflex GX1 "Woodstock" edition?

Druid6900

Veteran Member
Ok, long story short, I got a couple of GX1s in today, a low-profile desktop and a mid-sized desktop.

The mid-sized one has the word Woodstock on the front and sides in letters that are suppose to look like they were cut out of magazines (a la Ransom font).

At first, I thought it was just some kid screwing around, but, the name is identical on all three sides AND the name Woodstock appears on the Dell info tag on the back of the unit, so, I'm guessing it's for real.

Anyone got any info on WTH is going on here? I struck out on the search engines so any help is appreciated.

TIA

This is a shot in the dark, but Dell likes to give their prototypes a name. I know someone who has a former prototype laptop from Dell dubbed "Tiny Lightening" Its possible that it's a retired prototype.

Yeah, Vlad, that thought crossed my mind as well, but, the unit has a valid service tag number and I wouldn't expect that from a prototype.

This unit was definately sold, according to the service tag info, and it was sold by Dell Canada.

A less impressive but possible answer could be that was a company name/logo that went under. That would result in printed logos possibly being on the machines. I suppose it could even just be the owner who had them and did that too.

Otherwise I haven't heard of something like that. Most systems I've obtained with odd names on them are names the company gave them.

- John

True, that thought fluttered through too, but, that wouldn't explain the Woodstock on the Dell label unless someone bought a HELL of a lot of them.

I can't find any reference on Dell (wow, big surprise), so, it's just one of those little mysteries.

Nope, not yet, but, I'll try and snap some over the next couple of days (between bouts of snow removal from the storms we're supposed to have for the next 3 or 4 days) and post all 4 sides and inside shots.

Hey great idea.

Depending on how heavily they were into the drug scene, i could get 3 or 4 times what it's worth LOL

Correction; Although it does have the "Woodstock" on the Dell info tag on the back of the unit, it only has the "Ransom" font word on the front of the unit, not the front and sides as I previously stated.

What was I talking about again?

Back