• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Desoldering components video from PACE

thunter0512

Veteran Member
I have just stumbled across a very good video about desoldering techniques using a vacuum desoldering iron:

Component removal on DEC (and other) boards can be tricky because often the parts are retained by bent pins.

Pace is an excellent manufacturer of soldering/desoldering equipment. I have a Pace ST50 IntelliHeat station that I've been using since 2018 for all my soldering work.

Their videos for soldering are always top notch. It did wonders for my workmanship when I found them years ago.

I have a Pace ADS-200 which is a fantastic soldering iron. I think they even just halfed or lowered its price.

I love this video. Makes me want to find a kit with a QFP just to try it.

The first time I drag soldered like that I went just a little too slow and bent some pins. Since then, the method has been fine for me; some things hard to learn without screwing up first, I suppose.

I love this video. Makes me want to find a kit with a QFP just to try it.

Wow, that’s amazing! Thanks for this “tip”, pun intended. Never knew about using the cupped tips for fine pitch soldering. I’ve recently used a conventional tip and lots of solder and clean-up with solder wick to attach TQFP-144 packages. The technique in the video looks much easier and seems to have a more consistent delivery of solder.

Perfect placement and flux (I used a flux pen) are key elements too, which we saw in the video.

I immediately ordered some cupped tips for my Yihua station.

Here is another excellent video from PACE showing different types of PCB repair:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o4ZWlG6mmo

I had to show this as code because the forum software mangles the URL otherwise so that it can't be played back. Just copy the URL into your browser to view the video on Youtube.

Last edited:
Back