• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

dip pocket pc

narrowvcf

I still have the dip pocket pc that I used before laptops really appeared. It still works and has a quality leather case. Found this forum and joined with a view to finding out a bit about this old machine, no luck so far. Since this is my first post, would welcome any info at all.
Thanks Richard

Ole Juul

Veteran Member
Welcome to the forums!

That's a pretty cool computer. I just checked, and there's lots of info on the net, but perhaps too generic for what you're wanting. Does yours have DOS 2.11 in ROM?

AlecRob

Does it have a serial port on it? because it would be soo cool to use it as a serial terminal for a linux machine :cool:

narrowvcf

Thanks for the info. Mine is the same to look at as the one you show here. Obviously has dip pocket pc logo and no Atari markings. I do not have that additional adaptor though. How do I find out what the firmware revision is ?

patscc

Veteran Member
I don't have one in front of me, I think there's either a sticker on the back ratings plate, or it comes up when it boots. Yeah, should just take two alkaline AA's.
patscc