• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DKC-8AA Programmer's Panel revised and working

DrCharles

Experienced Member
Today I finished building the re-layout version (4-layer with inner power/ground planes) Board 2 of the Programmer's Panel. The SR corruption problem appears to be fixed :) With a full layer for +5 and another for ground, there darn well shouldn't be any ground bounce! Board 1 didn't need revision.

Vince is going to work on a parts list. He's not sure yet how much the set of two bare boards is going to cost. But I'm confident you can assemble one for about the same price as (if not less than) a "real" DKC-8AA that is hard to find and may be defective... and this one has displays big enough to see. The black-anodized aluminum front panel was fabricated by frontpanelexpress.com and we have the layout file for that, too.

I tried to take a pic from inside the rack but it's hard to hold the camera steady in there! ;)
The board you can see is Board 2; the identically sized board 1 which has the buttons and displays is sandwiched between board 2 and the panel.

PA250003.jpg
PA250004.jpg
PA250005.jpg

The keypad is made up of individual "click"-type pushbutton switches.
The panel is quite thick, looks like 1/8" aluminum, so you could probably countersink the screws if you wanted.

Back