• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DOS 4.1, Build 45 Release

wpvrbancic

I am announcing the release of DOS 4.1, Build 45. You may download this and all other source code on my website www.applecored.net. In this release I have added the complete 65C02 instruction set to BigMac and Sourceror, and my version of Cornelis Bongers' ultra-fast garbage collector in ROM. I also provide C language source to read/write Apple disk images.

I am announcing the release of DOS 4.1, Build 45. You may download this and all other source code on my website www.applecored.net. In this release I have added the complete 65C02 instruction set to BigMac and Sourceror, and my version of Cornelis Bongers' ultra-fast garbage collector in ROM. I also provide C language source to read/write Apple disk images.

I’m gonna have to fire up ADTPro and give this a shot!

Call-A.P.P.L.E. has just announced the release of the DOS 4.1 Manual. There are a few hardware and software vendors who are now supporting my operating system. Needless to say I am very excited about this announcement.

Call-A.P.P.L.E. has just announced the release of the DOS 4.1 Manual. There are a few hardware and software vendors who are now supporting my operating system. Needless to say I am very excited about this announcement.

I'm just doing the final testing phase of a quikLoader redesign, it is currently fully compatible with the original card and does not need an external, eprom programmer. I understand your DOS has support for the original QL design. I'd be happy to talk to you about compatibility testing and perhaps DOS support to writing new eprom data to the card.

You can reach me through my website www.applecored.net. I will be releasing Build 46 soon, and have expanded my discussion on the quikLoader. DOS 4.1 does not have any unique support for the quikLoader hardware or firmware. My quikLoader firmware is called EOS and it depends on making a slight hardware change that makes use of an unused AND gate. I include a schematic diagram of the quikLoader with this modification in the DOS 4.1 Manual available on my website or from Call-A.P.P.L.E.

Back